Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLEASE HELP WHAT DOES THIS ERROR MEAN????

using System.Collections;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using UnityEngine;

using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

public class Palyer : MonoBehaviour

{

// Start is called before the first frame update

void Start()

{

Rigid = GetComponent<Rigidbody>();

}

// Update is called once per frame

void Update()

{

Time.timeScale += Time.fixedDeltaTime * 0.01f; 

transform.rotation *= Quaternion.Euler(0,0, Time.deltaTime * 7f);

rigid.velocity += transform.rotation * (Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal") * Vector3.right * 10f) * Time.deltaTime;

rigid.velocity += transform.rotation * (Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical") * Vector3.up * 10f) * Time.deltaTime;

}

private void OnCollisionEnter(Collision collision)

{

Time.timeScene = 1f;

SceneManager.LoadScene(SceneManager.GetActiveScene().name);

}

}

Assets\Palyer.cs(11,9): error CS0103: The name 'Rigid' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Palyer.cs(19,9): error CS0103: The name 'rigid' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Palyer.cs(20,9): error CS0103: The name 'rigid' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Palyer.cs(26,14): error CS0117: 'Time' does not contain a definition for 'timeScene'

Best Answer

• MouledouxMouledoux Member
    Accepted Answer

Nope, check the video at 5:01, you can see at the top he has declared the Rigidbody, and all the spelling is correct.

Answers

• the first 3 mean you haven't declared the variable, and then spelled it wrong twice.

the second one means that the object is not defined.

• Can u tell me how to fix the errors? I am new to unity and I am very curious about this software?

• Yes, the first one is because you never made the variable "Rigid". You need to declare your variables first before you set them. Outside of the function, make a Rigidbody variable, and name it '"rigid"

The next 2, are for the same reason, but you also spelled "Rigid" as "rigid" with a lower case. Typically variables start with lowercase, and uppercase is reserved for functions.

The last one is because you misspelled "timeScale" as "timeScene". Unless timeScene is a thing, but I've never heard of it.

• https://youtu.be/qHcmdM78tCM

Could you check this guy's video coz he wrote the same thing and it works for him?!? Especially the rigidbody part which he didn't add at all!? Or I maybe wrong but could you just check it once please and thanks a lot!!!!!

• Oh I see thank you so much

• ABOABO Member

If your problem has been solved, please mark your question as answered