Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rigidbody physics in local space?

AmmoGuyAmmoGuy Member
edited June 2020 in 3D Art

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a problem I am having. I am current making a bike racing game but the problem I am having is that whenever bike crashes, a ragdoll is activated but as ragdoll is activated it looks like player is thrown out of the bike as the bike is moving fast which is not how I want it to be. In real life physics if a bike is crashed that rider is basically on the bike (he is not thrown of the bike which is happening in my case) and the physics (ragdoll) is applied to him while he is on bike. So can someone help me how to fix this problem to make rider on bike while activating ragdoll.

Best Answer

• MouledouxMouledoux Member
    Accepted Answer

I know this is late, but just in case someone else needs this:

When they ragdoll, you can either apply a force in the opposite direction they are currently moving, or you could set their rigidbody velocity to 0.

Answers

• ABOABO Member

Have you already adjusted the total mass of the ragdoll?

• @ABO yess I did total mass was 80

• @Mouledoux can you please show an example

• No.

If you want the rigidbody to collapse where it stands, just set it's velocity to 0.

If you want it to keep moving the direction it was traveling, you can either set it's velocity to a % of what it was, or do ApplyForce(-velocity * someModValue)