Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error when importing character into unity.

I just finished creating a character in Blender and I made all the bones and animations. However when I imported my .blend file to Unity, it gave me an error of some sort which is the title of this question. I don't know if it was the same error I saw at the beginning because I didn't pay attention, so I went to configure my humanoid settings for the character and after finishing them I went to animations and it gave me an error telling me it can't import the animation, then I went to rig settings and it gave me the following error:

Avatar creation failed: Transform "Head" not found in HumanDescription.

At first I thought the problem was in the animation that I didn't mention the head or whatever so I went back to Blender and I saw that I had my old name of the bone in the animation. When I first created it, I called it skull but after importing it into Unity I decided to change it to head and then I realized that the name of the bone in the animation was still skull. I fixed it and went back to Unity but it still gave me the same error.

What do I do?

Best Answers

• HNJHNJ Member
    Accepted Answer

First thing, you should not generally import the .blend file. You should export .fbx in blender and then import it in Unity.

See if it is giving error anymore.

• HNJHNJ Member
    Accepted Answer

Yes, but when I once imported .blend in Unity, (it was a big one ~50MB, but exporting a .fbx reduce the size) Unity hanged while importing and the unity quitted. I also was not able to save my work.

So I recommend expoting to fbx. You can overwrite the existing .fbx in your project folder, while exporting from blender.

Answers