β€Ί

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bullet Hell Reversal (Playtesters needed)

llokeylllokeyl Member
edited December 2020 in Off-topic

Hi! I am in the midst of making my desktop game called Bullet Hell Reversal! I have posted it on the forums before and have made multiple updates since. As such I require some testers to help me test and give me some constructive feedback!

All help is appreciated! The update logs are also in the website if your interested!

Check out the game through the widget below! (It can be played on your browser)

HERE!

I am making this game for my school project and is still a work in progress. The art and music are still work in progress.

I hope that if you come across this game you will try it and give me some constructive feedback for me to fix and improve my game.

I am doing this as a solo programmer and need an objective set of eyes to help me judge my game!

Explanation for the gameplay:

The game is an endless wave game. 

There are 2 phases, the initial phase "DDOS" spawns in a indestructible homing enemy that the player has to dodge.

Afterwards it begins the enemies waves.

Basic enemies will do basic shooting

Spammer enemies will shoot a spread

Players need to catch the bullet by holding left click and releasing the captured bullet back at the enemies

Each enemy kills gives some charge for your right click, using right click slows time down and drains the time bar that holds the charge.

Thanks! And do post your High Scores!!

Answers

• Where can I download it. For some reasons, I cannot play it online. I will need to download it to my computer.

• @HNJ Hi! I accidentally checked the hide function for the download πŸ˜…

I have updated it to be able to download now πŸ˜€

• Will it require an account there, If yes then I will not be able to play your game, if no, I will download and play it in two or three days

• HNJHNJ Member
    edited December 2020

Yes, downloaded and played (for a around 25~30 min)

Well, Gameplay was very nice. I was impressed by Enemy AI, it was so precise. Player controls were smooth and responsive. UI was nice.

I was able to reach when the large sized enemy appears, after that, my data was hacked.

There should be an increase and total life and power energy level by level.

One thing I noticed was a big issue, there is no exit button.

I managed to quit by pressing Start button (windows start menu) and right clicking your game on taskbar and selecting close.

It is a big issue. You should have a Quit or Exit button in main menu triggering code

Applicationο»Ώ.quit(); 

Otherwise, your work is great.

• This is good, really good. I won't list all the good things, as that would take to long. Instead, I will say my one issue with this game. It takes a while to be engaging. the DDOS phase is boring, because all you need to do is circle. it has so much potential, but in execution it falls flat. my suggestion is simple: more DDOS phases, with increasing difficulty. the first DDOS phase should be harder, and then every 10-15 levels a new DDOS phase starts with a new concept. maybe the multiply, or maybe the explode. Ideally mechanics could be added on. I also love the DDOS elements in the main game mode, but I think it needs to happen sooner. essentially my suggestion boils down making it harder with new concepts added on. with that being said this game is INCREDIBLE. good job. so far my high score is 3862. I'm thoroughly impressed and believe you will get a very good grade. (I know there are capitalization errors, but I don't care about them. )

• @HNJ HI! Thanks for trying out my game and yes I missed out the quit button as I was focusing on making core of the game to present to my school and will be adding it as soon as possible! Glad you my game fun! As for the suggestion of scaling the abilities by level I'll run some test to see how it affects the balance of the game!

• @A_Rubber_Duck Hi! Yeah I always felt that my DDOS phase was abit lacking and your ideas are great and I can't wait to try to implement them to my game however with the interest of time for my project I will scale it down quite abit in terms of the amount of concepts to implement. As for making harder and engagin I am already in the process of balancing the game!😁 That said thanks for playing my game and giving great feedback!