Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I make a trampoline in unity 3D without Rigidbody?

Hey Everyone,

I am very new to Unity 3D and 2D, I'm very interested with Computer Science. The main problem is that i don't have a clue of how to create certain object in Unity using my imagination such as a trampoline.

Sincerely,

PandiWandi.

Answers

• RailgunRailgun Member

Hmm I've never tried to make a trampoline or jump pad before so take this with a grain of salt but I think I would create something similar to a normal jump for the player but with a much greater velocity/jump height then assign it to a trigger area which would be your trampoline.

• MrSlugMrSlug Member

Hi @PandiWandi,

Do you intend for objects in general that land on the trampoline to bounce or only when the player jumps on it?

• Well make a physic material for trampoline bounce pad with bounciness value 1. Then maybe make a cloth to make the mesh deform when it is hit by a collider

• PandiWandiPandiWandi Member
    edited June 2020

@MrSlug When the player jumps on a block and Thank you @Dreek16designer for the info

• MrSlugMrSlug Member

@PandiWandi,

Are you using a Rigidbody or a Character Controller? If a Rigidbody, @Dreek16designer's suggestion could work, or to just apply upward force depending on downward velocity.

• @MrSlug I'm using Rigidbody