Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to create portals?

Alex4791Alex4791 Member
edited September 2020 in Programming

My game is based on How to Make a Game in Unity's tutorial where the object just keeps moving forward, left and right without hitting obstacles.

So how to create portals taking you to different environments. I am referring to the two rooms illusion that can only be entered from one end, except mine is like the game I mentioned above.

Best Answer

Answers

• Have you watched brackeys portal tutorial

• @JIMMY_VASHI04 The one with two rooms to align one camera with the other seemed a long way for just a little. My game only ever moves straight with the player using A and D to move left to right. So rotating isn't really a thing anyway.

My game functions like the How to Make a Game in Unity Brackey's tutorial comprising 10 videos.

• Then just change the players position and rotation and make some shaders to visualize it as a portal that teleports player and you can also use some post processing volume with bounds to change the environment.

• @JIMMY_VASHI04 Yeah, a guide on that would be useful.

• Alex4791Alex4791 Member
    edited September 2020

@JIMMY_VASHI04 Thank you for helping. Hope this video does not require watching previous ones to implement. I suppose this is what suits my project.