Hi guys… just joined this website! I want to make an offline playing cards game in unity. I have made most part of the game just the networking stuff is killing me. I have already wasted 2 days trying different approaches given by google :(. I want the game to run offline (like one person creates a hotspot and others connect and play). Things I have tried:
1. photon unity plugin dont work in this case as given in this post.
2. This github link gave me some hope but then any changes I made resulted in error (or malfunctioning)
3. many multiplayer fps videos on youtube focus on buying a server which I dont want to and need to.
So I just need a direction, if someone has made something like this please help!
Also things I am going to test next are listed below. If you have fruitlessly tried them tell me, it will save some time.
1. http://www.gamertogamedeveloper.com/unity-5-tutorials UNet tutes here
2. I havent tried UNetUsingHLAPI library implementation yet
Thanks in advance for any help. Please tell me if any of findings are wrong!