Node Defense. 66 Towers. 51 Skills. 6 Maps. Endless Waves. (Frequently Updated!)

Updated on January 13, 2017 in  [S] Works in progress
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0
9 on December 14, 2016

LINK TO DOWNLOAD PAGE

Hi Everyone,
Recently I’ve taken the opportunity to follow along with the Tower Defense Series that Asbjorn has made and since it’s taking him some time to put out more videos in the series I decided to fork off onto my own and see what I could do.

Node Defense is my continuation of this series.

Screen Shots
http://imgur.com/a/D8Z0h

I’ve created a Github Release which you can download/play at your convenience. Installation instructions are provided in the download itself.

Please send any feedback/suggestions/bug reports to kevin.wyso.gamedesign@gmail.com

Many thanks to Asbjorn for his initial guidance on the mechanics of a Tower Defense game and Unity in general. And thanks to anyone who takes the time to check it out/give feedback!

2.2 Update Released

Leaderboards have been added!

Your highest wave reached in a given game will be recorded and displayed in the menu (along with the highest waves of other players!)

2.1 Update Released

-Significant balance changes

2.0 Update Released 

-Prestiging functionality is now fully implemented!

-Upon reaching your account level to 72, the player has the option to “Prestige”, which resets EXP/Level/Skill points, but grants a Prestige Point, unlocking new buffs for the player

-For every 2 account levels the player reaches past 72, the player gains an additional prestige point

-Fire Tower modeled and scripted (Fire Tower deals damage per second to all enemies in its range)
-Allegro Tower modeled and scripted (Allegro tower line will apply buffs to other towers in their range)

-Shop UI updated for Allegro/Fire towers

-Node UI will properly show an upgrade button as unavailable if one of the slots does not contain an upgrade path

-New Difficulty enemy/map options have been separated in the prestige tree (i.e you unlock them separately)

-On Harder difficulties, the base health of enemies will increase and worth delta (how much the worth of an enemy grows over several waves) no longer increases

• Liked by
  • ererbe
  • LeonLaci
  • BinaryBeal
  • Job
0 on January 4, 2017

Its really nice, I love playing it. Keep up the good work man!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 5, 2017

Really interesting seeing the different direction people are taking the project. Really like the UI.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 6, 2017

Man, its sooooo awesome, hooked on to it, I really wanna finish it.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 7, 2017

Firstly, kudos to you from taking ambition and developing off of his course on your own! That’s the way forward, innovation :)

Second, I’ll be sure to check it out!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 13, 2017

Thanks for the support guys! I’ve just gotten hired for a full time position and won’t have as much time to work on this unfortunately, but I do plan to continue once I’ve gotten into the swing of things at my job. 

Keep defending those Nodes guys :)

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 13, 2017

I’m really impressed. It looks really great, will download it and then make a feedback.

Did you model the turrets on your own?

It’s amazing that you got so far that you started using version control systems, I’m probably going to start using git with unity projects. I used git before and know how to use it but what are some key stuff I should know about working with unity and git?

Wise
on January 13, 2017

And also I see that you have a index.html file, don’t have the time to check but it seems like you are preparing a website?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 13, 2017

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the kind words! I took the three base models that Asbjorn provided then used Blender to attempt modelling my own turrets for the upgrades. My creativity and art skills aren’t the greatest, but I did my best with what I had haha. 

The thing about Git for me is that I’d used it a couple times sparingly for school projects, but never really used it for my own use during a serious self-developed project. You’ll actually see if you look back far enough that I didn’t even start using Git until a decent amount of time into the project x)

With that said, one key thing you should be aware of is ignoring the Temp Lock file that Unity stores in project folders. Git doesn’t handle this well and won’t let you sync, so make sure it’s in your Git’s ignore list. (Find the file in the Git GUI and I think you can just right click -> Add to exception list ? Not sure since I haven’t touched it since the beginning.

Other than that, Unity goes pretty well going hand-in-hand with Github and I, myself, am still learning the ins and outs of it, so best of luck to you and thanks again!!

P.S I think that index.html file came from when I first started with Git and set up with their GitHub Pages option. I think they may have thrown that into my files when doing that, but not sure. Though I DO have hopes for either releasing this via a Webhost or releasing on Steam at some point!

Wise
on January 13, 2017

Thanks for replying. About the git ignore list I see you have some files that are totally unnecessary like the library folder. Go on google and search for Unity git ignore list and it should give the list of things that not only are unnecessary but also the things that can mess up your whole project by not syncing properly and Unity being confused.

I would also like to contribute to the project (it is really simple, I download/clone your project as a new branch(git sets that up automatically) and then if you like the changes I made you merge the branches together) and also help you since this project looks really interesting. You don’t have to let me in on the project and I can definitely understand that, but if you would like to, send me an email at leonlaci@outlook.com

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel