I need help!

Updated on March 15, 2017 in [D] Game Dev. gossip
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Reddit0
2 on March 15, 2017

You know Brakeys latest “How To Make A Game” series? well I’ve made it to the last episode so far and I want to finish before his next upload, does anyone else have a clue on to how I would end the level by saying “You Win!” and stopping his movement? and also saying “You Lose!” when he falls off? 

SOFTWARE: Unity & Microsoft Blend 2015
LEVEL: Beginner (literally have done no coding up until yesterday.)

• Liked by
1 on March 15, 2017

You can reference a text at first called deadText. Also make a string with value “you lose”. And also an IEnumerator (function with similar structure that void has) called time before restart (if you don’t know what to type inside IEnumerator reply and I’ll tell you)

DYING WHEN FALLEN KFF SCREEN

Now the problem is that I haven’t watched the course and I don’t know if brackeys has made a way of checking whether player has fallen off the screen or not. You could make a box colider with huge z value, check is trigger and use void OnCollisionEnter that you must be familiar with and then call the IEnumerator. I can’t come up with any other ideas sorry.

DYING WHEN HITTING AN OBSTACLE

It’s way simpler with dying when creating into object. In script that is attached to obstacle (if there is any) in void OnCollisionEnter call the IEnumerator (though this will only work if obstacles are duplicates of each-other. I believe they should be if a level is endless.)

PLEASE NOTE

That’s this is a solution that I came up with and I can’t guarantee that this will work. I’m an intermediate programmer myself.

on March 15, 2017

Thank you! I don’t think I am quite able to understand you yet since I’m very new to the whole language but I appreciate the help. I think I will just wait until his next video.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel