I started programming 3 years ago because I found Brackeys on YouTube. I never believed I could do it until I followed his PONG tutorial. Well, since then I’ve been programming, creating apps, and games and this is going to be the first project I put a lot of effort into promoting and getting out there in the world.
I can’t thank Brackeys enough for just how incredible he is and everything he’s done for teaching code. He’s amazing and the only reason I could make this game was because of him inspiring me years ago. This game wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for him. Btw, I followed a lot of the 2D Platformer course for this game. 🙂
You don’t know how you ended up in hell, but you’re certainly stuck there now…
Oh well, at least there’s lots of weapons laying around so you can expose your inner badass. Lay waste to other souls through hellashish combat as you escape! However, you’ll discover there is more to everything here and yourself as you’ll need to recover the story of you.
Right now, there is a prototype build for Windows and Mac (click link below). I don’t want anyone to pay for Go to Hell with the state it’s in. There’d be no difference from the “paid version” and a demo build at the moment so that’s why I’m doing it this way through MediaFire.
If you download and play this, please let me know what you think. Tell me the truth. I can’t fix problems or something that people don’t like if you don’t tell me what you think of the game.
Go to Hell is currently in development and I will be updating it as much as I can. My hope is to make a fast paced 2D platformer where you’re always moving and always shooting. Go to Hell was inspired by DOOM. I’m using Unity3D.
I think V0.3 will be the “Graphics Update”
– a story that is actually engaging, but ridiculous and fun at the same time
– boss battles
– to always keep moving
– many different types of enemies that are unique from one another
— 5 so far
– integrate subtitles
– updated icon as the game reaches stages of development
– levels that tie into the story and objectives
– more guns –> I decided that pistols are boring so everything will pretty much be automatic
—- 4 so far
– more sounds as I add more to the game
– redo some menus that are ugly…
– finish upgrade system and add boosts
– different heights in the levels and changes in terrain and environments as the story goes on
– that someone likes and plays the game…
Official itch.io page for anyone who wants to see more/stay updated.