Constructor 2 HTML5 Game Development

Updated on July 21, 2014 in [D] Game Dev. gossip
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Reddit0
2 on July 20, 2014

Hello Guys , What do you think about the program Constructor 2, and do you think it will be possible to make a good idle game with it ? something like cookie clicker. I know its incredibly easy to make games in it , but is it limiting ? Is it good to start off in game programming ?

• Liked by
0 on July 20, 2014

Hi Wireless 😉

A good game can be developed in almost every engine, the only problem is the imagination and how much you take advantage of it.
Let’s say you download Unity 3D to make a game that doesn’t use the full capacity of Unity3D and you end up wasting so much time doing a little 2D game that could be made in other 2D engine x3 times faster, then is recommended using the other engine instead.

The problem comes when we try to expand that little 2D game into something better or bigger with more functionalities with the other engine, it’s going to be very hard. Then is recommended using Unity3D or another Engine capable.
Before you start your game take a time to see which engine fits best your needs now and in the future. 

I think that Constructor 2 is a good engine to make games, but it doesn’t look like a good tool to start programming. But if you feel like your game could be made in Constructor 2 go ahead, experience is always important. 🙂
There are many famous games that were made with very simple engines, imagination is the limit. ^^ 😀

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 21, 2014

I never heard of constructor 2 but I just look it up…for me I would recommend gamemaker its somewhat of the same thing but game maker doesn’t have event layer or effect limits like constructor 2 does for its free version but gamemaker you can only make it for windows and mac ….constructor 2 has fb and your on website but it all depends if your going to get a paid version of it or not

• Liked by
Cancel