2.5D issues

Updated on October 5, 2018 in [A] Tutorials
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Reddit0
1 on October 3, 2018

I cant not for the life of me find a tutorial that can somewhat explain issues with movement and issues with collision. I have been looking. I am not stupid and usually I can figure it out but reading is different from seeing. Just wondering if any of you know where I can get that information. I have read plenty but the issues Im having with unity I cant explain. Ive started over numerous times trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Liked by
0 on October 5, 2018

I don’t really know what you are trying to ask. So I will give it a random shoot.

The Unity method “OnCollisionEnter” does only work, if both collision partners have a collider, which are not set as a trigger, and a rigidbody component without setting it to ‘isKinematic’. Only then the “OnCollisionEnter” will be triggered, if both collision overlapping.

Also if your objects move tooooooooo fast, then the collision detection can also not working properly. The reason therefore is, that the moved object will get a new position every frame. If the speed is too high, than the next position of this object is probably already behind the other object with which it would have had to collide (awful sentence construction 🙂). To avoid it, reduce the speed or create a ray which will be casted between the old and the new position of the moving object.

I hope it will help you a bit.

• Liked by
Cancel